In March 2014 a group of 30 Odessa citizens consolidated to lower the aggression in the region and to promote idea of “Peace, Dialog and Vision of common future”. Our main goal was to prevent Donetsk and Lugansk scenarios.
By the end of May, we have registered a “Peace Manifest” charitable foundation and continued to act in following directions:
March 2014 – August 2014: propaganda of tolerance, understanding and co-existence through radio stations, local tv-channels, billboards.
- May 2014 – September 2014: Settlement “Bukovina” in Odessa region. A summer camp was rented to provide IDP’s with temporary accommodation.
- Humanitarian help: Food three times a day, medications, clothes.
- Additional services: physiological assistance, art-therapy, medical assistance.
- Entertainment: visits to Odessa, excursions with guides, visits to theatre, zoo, museums. Weekly shows for children in the camp.
- 750 people received help in this camp.
- May 2014 – Present time. Participation in weekly(recently monthly) meetings with representatives of the local government and NGO’s supporting IDP’s. Main goal of these meeting was to put a constant pressure on government, to make them help IDP’s and to setup a coordination between government and NGO‘s.
- October 2014 – December 2014: humanitarian help to the Slavyansk region:
- supplying of necessary materials for reconstruction of orphan house “Parusa Nadejdi” that was destroyed during the war actions.
- food and clothes for the local compact settlemts of IDP's
- food for newborns, clothes for women for the Perenatal senter in Krasnoarmeisk
- November 2014 – present time: evacuation of children from the region on border between Ukraine and territories controlled by terrorists:
- Accommodation: government sanatoriums in Odessa city “Lustdorf” and “Zelena Gorka”
- Humanitarian help: Additional food supplies if it was requested by establishment. New shoes, winter coats, other clothes. Medications.
- Additional services: physiological assistance, art-therapy, tutors.
- Entertainment: sightseeing, visits to theatre, zoo, museums, cinema. Weekly shows for children in the sanatorium.
- 500 children received assistance
- December 2014 – May 2015: Rental of Hostel for IDP’s in Odessa city center (12, Bunina str.). Temporary accommodation for newly-arrived IDP’s, a place for sleep-over up to 10 days before moving to the settlements in Odessa region or finding an apartment and job in Odessa.
- Accomodation up to 10 days. 1 bed for a person.
- Humanitarian help: if requested
- 120 persons received assistance
- March 2015 – June 2015: realization of international program Design For Change that is focused on revealing in children desire to make the world better, to be socially active, to volunteer, to help those who in need and to stand for their rights. Currently 15 local schools are participating in the program and are working on 20 social projects in their school society.
- May 2014 – present time: participation in weekly dialogues about establishing peace in Odessa with Local Mediation Group by Iryna Tereshenko.
- March 2015 – present time: participation in civil society council by the Odessa regional state administration.
Manifest Mira directory:
Co-founders: Alexandra Kovalchuk, Inna Belous, Liana Feshuk, Alexander Pogorylyi, Alexey Panin, Eugeniy Romanenko
Alla Kazakova – manager
email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Vlad Petrov – legislative assistance
Co-founder’s donations, local comunity donations.
- Odessa regional Mediation group
- Odessa Charitable Fund “The Way Home”
- Odessa Charitable Fund “Svetlyj Dom”
- HUB Odessa
- Odessa Charitable Fund of Victor Baransky
- International Renaissance Foundation